Veal Piccata Recipe for 9/13 Podcast
Ingredients (can also be made with chicken - cut chicken breast in half to make 2 thin slices)
1 pound veal sliced and pounded very thin
2 Tbs olive oil
3/4 cup white wine (the rest of the bottle for the chef)
Juice from 1 large lemon
1 Tbs butter
2 Garlic cloves
2 Tbs capers
Salt, pepper, chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil and fry garlic over a low heat. Remove garlic when browned
2. Fry veal for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown. Remove veal - set asside.
3. Add wine. Scrape pan to loosen any fried bits. Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes
4. Add lemon juice, butter, capers. Simmer 2 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
5. Add veal to sauce. Cook for 30 seconds each side to re-heat the veal. Add parsley, salt and pepper.
6. Serve veal and pour sauce (every bit) over veal. Buon appitito.